Monday, March 1, 2010

Sludge

Have I told you about sludge? I don't think I have. Today you get to learn a secret about my deep, dark habits.

Sludge is my breakfast every morning. It's yogurt (lemon or strawberry is best) with some omega-3 fatty acids poured in along with a lot of vegetable concentrate powder. I should take a picture of it. Ah, there. Doesn't look very appetizing, does it?



I heart sludge. Even though it looks positively disgusting and sometimes it IS kind of disgusting if you mix it with the wrong kind of yogurt. Some of you may have heard that I'm sick a lot. This is true. And that's why I eat the stuff... I tend to feel like a normal human being when I eat it. The omega-3 and the food concentrate powder is expensive so I wouldn't recommend it unless you're also super sick all the time too.

Scientists don't know much about fibromyalgia... but one thing that they say helps is the omega-3 stuff. So I tried that, and it DOES. I put in it yogurt with the whole food concentrate because if you take just the omega-3 all by itself you can get pretty nauseous (just like if you take a multivitamin). I chose vegetable powder because (1) those are the sort of nutrients that help absorption of omega-3's and (2) I don't eat enough vegetables anyway.

So there. Besides breakfast, I eat like a normal college student for the rest of the day, but I feel a lot better. If I forget to eat my sludge in the morning, I can't stop thinking about it all day. I don't know if it actually DOES taste as good as I think it does, but I'm pretty certain all those little Jenna-cells all do high-fives in excitement when I pull out the sludge in the morning.

See, I do have a few peculiar habits.

I just licked the bowl. Mmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That looks truly awful. To each her own? I guess....?

    ReplyDelete